Jen came for a visit the other night. Apparently she had picked up a cold when she went to Juneau last week. Nothing like being crammed into a confined space with hundreds of other folks to test the old immune system. I hadn't seen much of her recently so I kind of wanted to talk to her and show her what I was doing with the new book and get some input. I knew that she was sick, so before she arrived I grabbed out a large bottle of Cran-raspberry juice for her to take home. I guess it's full of vitamin C or some such thing. Then I got to thinking, maybe I should get a mask for her to wear so I don't catch her cold. She thought that was funny, but she didn't wear it, maybe because it was a dust mask like you'd use when sanding sheet rock and not one like doctors and nurses wear. I guess if a doctor wanted to do a little construction around his house he'd have a ready store of surgical supplies on hand and wouldn't...
Nice 6 a.m. read. You get to an age where you realize the many changes around you seem more memory than reality. It's a matter of perspective found leaning against the harbormaster's office wall, on park benches, supported at times by polished canes and bifocals. The near and far vision has nothing to do with eyesight.
ReplyDeleteHi Rene
ReplyDeleteIt seems the changes are coming more rapidly than I remember, or maybe I never took the time to realize that they were occuring around me, I was too busy to notice. What I've experienced with change, is that it seems to be something I seldom care for.It's uncomfortable and seems to profit others- hence the push for change by those wanting something that they can't get with the current cicumstances. How much change would we experience if we were all looking out for the other person's well being? Some things we just have to accept- the bifocals and sore muscles. It doesn't make it any more easy to take though. Thanks for commenting, you're always so profound in your thought.
Elfin Cove is one place I never went...Lewis, however...guessin he was a relation to Travis Lewis...the guy who was Jen and Lance's best man years ago....anyways..that's the only thing that rang a bell!
ReplyDeleteNobody kicked out XIP. They left.
ReplyDelete