Shades of Violet


Columbine

More Columbine

Cone Flower

Wild Iris

Lupine
 When I got out of bed this morning I was startled to see a strange yellow orb blazing away in the sky. Mothers were frantically calling their kids inside- "kids get in here, it's shining!"
"What is it mom?It's hot!"  "I believe it's called the sun, I'm not sure."
 It's been awhile since we've seen any sunshine around here. It was amazing how much it bouyed my spirit. I didn't feel the need to run for the vitamin D bottle for the first half of the day, and I was able to walk to the boat without rain gear. By mid afternoon though, things were back to nomal and we had a good shower going. Wouldn't want to have any drought here- that might happen if the sun were to shine for more than two days in a row. As you can see from these pictures, purple seems to be the dominate color around here. Maybe purple flowers don't need much sun to grow. Perhaps you've heard of the latest best selling book- Fifty Shades of Grey? I saw it all over the airport shops when I was traveling to St. Louis. I looked it up on Amazon because I wanted to see what all the buzz was about and why it was so popular. I guess it's an erotic fantasy written for women-at least I think thats what it is. I read one of the reviews and it sounded like it was pretty amature. The critic said it could  have been written by a fourteen year old girl. I guess sex sells no matter how poorly it's written. Maybe I could write a novel titled- Kind of a Lot of Shades of Purple, or perhaps - A Whole Bunch of Shades of Lavender or Multitudes of Shades of Perriwinkle. Somehow I don't think it would make it to the New York Times best seller list. It might be mistaken for a documentary on that purple dinosour, Barney, from some kids show. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against icons in kids shows. Barney doesn't do much for me, but I am a huge fan of Sponge Bob Square Pants. I really like the opening song with the picture of the pirate with the mouth cut out and real lips singing- ohhhhh who lives in a pineapple under the sea? - You know the rest. Man I wish I had thought of that. Lord knows how many countless kids ( and adults- admit it- you've watched)  have seen that show. I can't watch it when Jan is home. She doesn't appreciate the artistic flair, the uncommon imagination, the advanced humor that is displayed in this show.  Patrick Star is kind of a goof, but who doesn't know someone like that- and I love Squidward- down to earth, crabby, unwilling to put up with too much crap. If I played the flute or clarinet or whatever he plays, he might remind me of myself. As it is, he reminds me of someone else who I won't mention here for fear he might be offended. In any event, it's getting late and I've covered a multitude of subjects, none of which have anything to do with each other, so before I step off the deep end, I'll bid you all a good night.

Comments

  1. Yea you got that right about that shades of grey crap...She's already onto the second book..pretty much mesmerized...Take care and I hope the the sun shines more and the fish show...

    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben- I guess to be successful you have to give the paying public what they want. I just don't want to go down that path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha..I read the entire trilogy..it was definitely ....different....Perhaps your 25 shades of violet would bring you some income...as long as they didn't read through the pages in the checkout line;-) And who doesn't love Spongebob or have a friend like Patrick or Squidward..where would the world be without characters like all of the above;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

Clear but Cold

The End of an Era