Moose on the Loose


There is a moose on the loose
And he's in my front yard 
He's eating my branches, The big tub of lard 
He's come down from the mountains
Searching for food
Eating twigs, leaves and bushes 
It's really quite rude
All summer long I take care of my plants
I keep out the dogs, with loud, vile rants 
Now that it's winter, and there's lots of snow
The moose leave the mountains, they know where to go
Let's head down to Tom's place, we'll have us a feast
So they come to my yard, the great hairy beasts
They feed on the willows, they break off the trees
With no one to stop them, they do as they please 
I don't really begrudge them, 
a small branch or two
If I were a moose, I know what I'd do 
I'd head into town, where the snow isn't too deep
I'd eat some dry branches and then go to sleep
Here in Alaska, we've learned how to share 
With all the wild animals, deer, moose and bear
Mutual respect, we must endeavor to pay
And so every morning we'll start each new day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

The End of an Era

Clear but Cold