Dog Crap







Although I 've only been on the writing web site, Fan Story for a few weeks, I'm already feeling inspired. I was walking my daughter's dog last week when I noticed that just like in Hoonah, people here don't always clean up after their dogs. Perhaps they think the snow will cover it up. What they fail to realize is that the snow eventually melts, and all that crap is in the streets where people are trying to
walk. It's really quite gross, and so I thought I would attempt to write a poem about it. Here it is.







                                    I'm out in my yard, reading verse from the bard,
                                    When I see that you're walking your dog
                                    It might be a Great Dane, and it drives me insane
                                    To know I'll be left with a log


                                    Please carry a bag, so when your dog starts to sag
                                    You can clean up after your mutt
                                    I'd be ever so grateful. please don't think me hateful
                                    Clean up or I might kick your butt


                                    I see that your yard is not fit for walking
                                    So you bring your dog over to mine
                                    I've called the police, I'm tired of talking
                                    So now you might get a fine

                                `   

                                    Perhaps you could teach your dog a new trick
                                    He could sit on the seat of the john
                                    After he flushed, you wouldn't get sick
                                    You could walk all around your clean lawn


                                    So be a good neighbor and listen to me
                                    I don't want to act like a jerk
                                    I really don't mind if your dog has to pee
                                    Anything else, please grab a bag, and maybe a 
                                    shovel and kindly get to  work
                            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

The End of an Era

Clear but Cold