Pleasant Memories




   Recently I've had reason to search back through my digital pictures. I've been writing some stories for a writing web site and sometimes find myself looking for a picture that would enhance the story I'm doing. With few exceptions, each picture brings back a pleasant memory. I've got a few in the digital library of things like the back of the computer or the wiring of the boat that have no sentimental value. They're so that when I take it all apart I won't be relying on my faulty memory to get it back together correctly. I've got pictures of fishing trips and crew hands, of family gatherings and friends who have moved away. I took photos of places that were a part of my every day life like the store where we shopped. There are deer pictures and fish pictures and pictures of eagles. I see one of a car we used to own and the house we lived in for over thirty years, both before and after we remodeled it. While you're in the process of living life, you don't often pay attention to it. There are a lot of things that make up every day. When I look at these pictures I remember that time is moving on, and the moment that I just lived will never return. I won't get any do-overs. I believe I took these pictures one early spring evening several years ago. Part of me aches to be back  in Hoonah where the water and the mountains meet, but it's not to be. I'll return, God willing, to fish this summer, and hopefully in future summers, but  for now I'm where I am and I'm making memories here. They won't all be pleasant, but hopefully I'll get pictures of those that are, and I'll be able to look back fondly on them and remember.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

The End of an Era

Clear but Cold