I'm Struggling With These Times


  

Like many people in this country, I'm struggling with the way things are now. Not so much in the sense of having enough money, although I know for many who have been out of a job for a long time, that's a very real issue. I'm having a hard time believing that so many people will just shut down their businesses because of fear. Obviously the impact on peoples lives has been dramatic in the worst way possible. For those who feel that it's up to the government to come to their rescue, I would like to suggest that it's because of unreasonable government mandates that they're in the spot they're in now. First they create a problem, then they try to fix what they've created. I'm not saying that the Corona Virus isn't an issue, but I will say that it's been blown out of proportion and the heavy hand of government has done more damage than good in the attempt to solve the problem. The idea that they're going to give away more and more money to hurting people is ludicrous. Gold and silver are worth a lot because there is a limited supply. The government can print trillions of dollars, and you could have wheelbarrows full of cash on hand, but what good is it? There is nothing backing it up. We haven't been on a gold standard since Richard Nixon's time. However, that being as it is, it's not what I wanted to write about. We have a far worse problem in this country than a corrupt government, or a virus; we're suffering from a lack of spiritual health. Are we in the last days that are spoken of in Revelations? I don't know, but it sure doesn't look too promising right at the moment. 2 Timothy 3:1-17  says - But understand this, that in the last days there will  come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of Godliness, but denying it's power.  Does any of this sound familiar? I know that there has always been some semblance of all of the above, but it all my years on this earth, I've never seen anything like what has happened this past year. The hatred we have for each other is frankly, pretty scary. How can we survive as a nation when we can't stand to hear from people who don't agree with our political beliefs? We've crossed a line in moral decency where it appears that it's OK to do whatever advances your cause. Win at all costs! I have a word for those who would listen and pray that they would hear.- Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! We're experiencing a time when we can't even acknowledge that a baby boy is a male and a baby girl is a female. If I want to be a kangaroo, does that make me one?  We're raising kids who, if they are allowed to make it from the womb, are being taught all manner of destructive doctrine, leaving them confused and unhappy. I've mentioned the law of sewing and reaping many times in this blog. It's as unchangeable as the law of gravity. I will quote one last scripture. Galatians 6:7-8 Don't be deceived, God is not mocked, whatever a man sews, that shall he also reap. I'm afraid that there are many in this country who are being led down  a dangerous path in the name of freedom. Freedom doesn't look like what this country has become. My father's generation, and others, both before and after his, fought for the freedoms that we've enjoyed,  but I wonder if those brave men and women who sacrificed so much could see us now, would they feel the sacrifice was worth it?

Comments

  1. I very much agree with you, Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill, in speaking to various people it's encouraging to know that we're not alone in our views, but so many people just don't know what to do about the situation. Others are so tired of hearing nothing but bad news that they've just stopped keeping track of what's happening. I think that praying is probably the best thing that we can do, in fact Paul the apostle had mentioned that we should pray for those in power- something that I have such a hard time doing. It's hard to pray for folks who have an agenda that I believe is evil. However, God is in the business of changing hearts, and He's certainly able to do so, no matter who it is. Thanks for commenting Jill. Take care, and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Reminded me of this John Adams quote...
    "You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mark- How nice to hear from you. I've never heard that quote before, but such words of wisdom! Hope all is well with you and Sarah. Thanks so much for commenting. God bless!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

The End of an Era

Clear but Cold