A Word of Encouragement






 For the first time in a month we were able to attend church. We weren't allowed to have more than twenty people attend, and we needed to stay the required distance apart and there was no getting together for coffee and fellowship after the service, but nonetheless, we were together and it felt good. As the service ended one of our pastors put on a song that I liked immediately. When I was at the farm so many years ago, one of the things I disliked the most, aside from the length of the meetings, was the songs. It's not that they weren't pleasant enough, I guess I just hated the expectation that we all had to sing. If someone tells me I have to do something, I get my back in the air and plant my feet and pretty much decide that's the thing I don't want to do. I guess I'm pretty rebellious. Anyway, I was listening to the song as everyone else was filing out of the church and was enraptured, first by the tune, and as I listened, by the lyrics. It's a very uplifting song and it seemed an especially appropriate song in these challenging times. We don't need many words of encouragement when everything is coming up roses; it's during those times when the bottom has dropped out and we can't see a light at the end of the tunnel that we need know that everything is going to be alright. That doesn't mean that there won't be any more problems, Jesus himself said " in this world you will have trouble. But he also said that he had overcome the world.  Anyway, I wanted to share the lyrics of this song with you, and encourage you to check it out on Youtube. The name of the song is

The Blessing , sung by Kari Jobe and Cody Carnes. There is a lot of repetition of some of the words, so I won't put them all down, I will include everything mentioned. The words are taken from various scriptures and I hope that you will accept them as your own message from God.



The Blessing

The Lord bless you
And keep you
Make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you
The Lord turn His
Face toward you
And give you peace

Amen, amen, amen
Amen, amen, amen

As we receive, we agree, amen

May His favor be upon you
And a thousand generations
Your family and your children
And their children, and their children

May His presence go before you
And behind you, and beside you
All around you, and within you
He is with you, He is with you (in the morning)

In the morning,in the evening,(in the evening)
In your coming and your going
In your weeping and rejoicing
He is for you, He is for you


Like the words say, God is with you and even more so,  God is for you, and He wants to bless not only you, but your children and grandchildren and great grandchildren for a thousand generations.  There is nothing like troubles to get our attention and realize how very little we have control of. I recently read that there has been a spike in bible sales. That's good. I just wish it didn't take a calamity before we turned to our Heavenly Father. He wants only our best. I do hope that you'll check out the Youtube video and I hope, like myself, you'll be blessed and will proclaim a blessing over your families and our nation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

The End of an Era

Clear but Cold