Just Call Me Rodney






















Well, as I mentioned in my last blog post, I'm just like Rodney Dangerfield, I don't get no respect. It's very apparent what I meant by this picture that my youngest daughter sent me. Whatever happened to telephones that you just talk on? Now you can play games, watch a movie, take pictures, distort the pictures you take into unflattering and unrealistic visions of obscenity, and if you have the right app, I think you can turn your phone into a portable urinal with the touch of a button. Oh well. I would be content to just have the old black dial phone, but I guess those days are gone for good. I have to admit that it's mildly entertaining to look at some of these pictures. It would be even more so if the picture was of someone other than me.
  On a different note, I 'm back up at the library using the computer. Mine had gotten so slow and unreliable that it was almost unbearable to work on it. When my son-in-law was here over Christmas he offered to send me down some more memory for it and showed me how to do it. I only had 512MB of RAM, which I guess isn't very much, so he sent down 8 GB. I got the case off the computer and successfully removed the old memory and I thought I'd successfully replaced the new memory. I closed it all up and hooked up the wires in the back where I thought they should go and turned on the power. The computer came on, but the light never turned from yellow to green and then I noticed a kind of hot electrical smell- but no smoke, so I thought, well, the parts are new so maybe when they're just getting warmed up they stink a little. However, the green light never did come on, and even though the smell went away, or maybe I just got used to it, the screen never did fire up, so here I am...again. That's why I don't work on mechanical things. I seem to have a knack for messing things up. If it was just a matter of doing an oil change on the darn thing, I think I could have pulled it off without a problem, but when wires are involved, well, that's a horse of a different color. I'm kind of dangerous when I get around wires and whatnot. Once, when I was in the navy, I guess we must have been in the shipyard, for whatever reason I was walking between the posts of a steel doorway with a live welding tool. All at once an arc shot from the tool to the doorway and left a big burn spot on it. It scared the bloody hell out of me and I suppose anyone else in the vicinity.  Some people just aren't meant to be around that kind of stuff. In any event, I guess I'll be sending this computer away to get fixed and hope that when I get it back I don't mess something else up. Meanwhile, if the hat fits, wear it.

Comments

  1. Sorry about the computer dad! And that picture is hilarious! I do have more of others, but I'm not sure that it would be as funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok Autumn, one picture is enough. I sent the computer off yesterday, so hopefully it will get there in a timely manner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. You can free renovation your home cabling and installation. It is providing good electrician with compare to other companies.
    electricians north shore Auckland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

Clear but Cold

The End of an Era