What is a body to do?


 I haven't had too much to write about lately. I guess my life is more boring than usual or something. Part of the problem of getting older. Who wants to read about how many times I was up during the night to take a leak or what new pain cropped up while I was attempting to sleep? There isn't a lot to take pictures of around here, so I thought I'd look through some of the thousands of pictures from back when my life was a little more eventful. I came across this one from our trip down to the Grand Canyon.

We had crossed a huge bridge that spanned the Colorado River and on the other side, a group of Navajo women were selling their wares- necklaces, bracelets, Christmas ornaments, arrows, and Lord knows what all else. It was interesting, and I ended up buying Jan an ornament. When we travel, we like to buy something that helps us to remember where we had been. Ornaments are nice, because we're sure we'll at least see them once a year. I asked one of the ladies if I could take their picture and she said no, unless I bought something from them. OK, fine. I did get a picture of the lady I purchased the ornament from, so that worked.

 I had to take a leak, which is really incredible, since it was like 93 degrees outside and I felt like my bladder should be shriveled up like a prune. What does that say about me that I could be crawling through the desert in a sand dune, and have to pee? I know I'm weird, but this is ridiculous. Anyway, I saw an outhouse there by the stand where we had made our purchase. Initially, I felt relief, until I got close and saw the sign above. What's this? They want me to buy their goods but won't allow me to take a leak? Must be revenge for the mistreatment of the native peoples by the white man. They sit in their cool booths while we do the pee-pee dance in the heat. Obviously, some folks won't take no for an answer, and let fly around the base of the porta-potty. I was kind of feeling like doing the same, but decided not to risk getting one of the decorative spears thrust through my kidneys.

I'm trying to remember what exactly I did. Being denied an opportunity to use a bathroom can cause an uncommon amount of stress for me and create an even greater problem. I can't be sure, but I may have crossed back over most of the  bridge and let fly into the Colorado River. If I did that, and you happened to be traveling down the river in a whitewater raft, please forgive me. It was nothing personal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

Golden Goggles

Captain Carrots