As most of you who follow this blog know, I don't do poetry as a general rule. However, since joining Fan Story, a writer's web site, I've read some really exceptional poems. This is one that I read the other day by a gal who writes some of the most wonderful poetry a person could read. Her name is Adonna Gipe and she has at least one book for sale on Amazon. The title is Songs Before Dawn. It's a good read for those who enjoy poetry, and even for those who may not enjoy it. She's a sweet gal and a wonderful writer. I hope you enjoy this offering that she gave me permission to share.

Were Every Star a Poem ...

by MissMerri

 
 
If only I could tell you
how much you mean to me.
But I have only decades.
I'll need eternity.

Your wit and charm beguiled me.
I thought, could this be love?
But knew, with you, forever
would not be long enough.

If only I could tell you
how rich you've made my days.
You've filled my life with laughter
and fun ten thousand ways.

You've given gifts of meaning
from your enormous heart
and stood beside me always
with generous support.

If only I could tell you
how you've fulfilled my dreams.
Were every star a poem,
there's still too few, it seems!

Comments

  1. That's how I feel about you, Tom. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too. Thanks for the wonderful comment.

      Delete
  2. Lovely poem. Did you take the picture? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jill, thanks for commenting. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Somehow they've managed to screw things up, and I have to go through hoops to comment. No, I didn't take the picture, Adonna must have. She's so incredibly talented.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

The End of an Era

Clear but Cold