A Sign of the Times




The sign kind of says it all doesn't it? How many times have you felt this way... the boss is yelling at you, your spouse is being a jerk, the kids are acting up, you just found out the repairs that your car need are going to cost you the next two months salary. Things happen in life and you just wish that they would happen somewhere else to someone else. I don't think that any of that crossed my daughter's mind when she bought this sign for us. Maybe she was thinking about addressing the neighbor's dogs when she picked it up. I think I've mentioned before that Hoonah has a leash law, but it's not always enforced. In fact it's seldom enforced so we get random dogs running through the neighborhood at times and since they don't like to get their butts wet, they prefer to visit a yard that has been groomed. Namely mine. I don't mind picking up after Rigby, but that's where I draw the line. It would be nice if I could train him to use the toilet like a civilized dog, but I don't think he's that smart. I vaguely remember my brother Mark reading a Mad Magazine one time and cracking up, so he decided to share with me the source of his humor. They had written a verse about taking your dog out to relieve itself and put it to the music of The Street Where I Live- at least I think that was the name of the song. It went like this -"I have often walked my Pierre outside, but I didn't like him in the dirty air outside, so now he sits upon, his own private john, that I built for the dog that I love." If I could sing it for you I would, but I can't so I guess I won't.
I had thought about getting a bunch of these signs and placing them outside the porta-potties that dot the landscape here during the tourist season. Unfortunately the humor would be lost on the foreign tourists, unless they could read English.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

Clear but Cold

The End of an Era