The View

 
 
 
 
 
 
    There may be those who look at the title of this post and think that I might be writing about that ladies talk show on ABC with Joy Behar and Whoopie Goldberg and I don't know who else. Not sure if Barbara Walters is still on there or not. I recall hearing one radio commentator referring to the ladies on The View as a bunch of old harpies after their mean spirited comments about Sarah Palin. I had to agree, I didn't really think that they had so much to be putting anyone else down for. Anyway, this isn't about TV or harpies or Sarah Palin. It's about the view out my front window this morning. Kind of depressing isn't it? Last night it poured buckets, or as Mary Lou Lail, a family friend from North Carolina used to say, "It's raining like pouring pee out of a boot." I don't think I've ever had pee in my boots before, or at least not so much that I could pour it out. Perhaps there's been enough urine in my neoprene's to soak my socks a little bit, but I don't really recall, which is just as well. Who wants to think about something like that? Anyway, it rained quite a bit last night, and when I got up this morning it was still coming down pretty good. It's been quite a long time since we've had any sun, and frankly, I'm getting tired of all the gloomy weather. It would be nice if we could dial up the weather channel and place an order for whatever we wanted. "Yes, hi, I would like to order three days of sun, two partly cloudy and a light sprinkle this week please, oh and throw in a mild breeze on Wednesday if you would. Just charge it to my visa and make sure I get my Alaska Airline miles." Wouldn't that be great? Of course there would always be some clown who would want some hurricane force winds so that he wouldn't have to fly back to Juneau or folks who would want feet of snow so they could go skiing. When it comes to weather, I guess everyone has a different idea of what would be ideal. I guess it's a good thing that we can move if the place we're at doesn't suit us. If you get tired of the ice and snow,  you can always move down to the scorpions and fire ants or perhaps tornado alley. There's something for everyone, hallelujah. 
 
 

                                               



















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

The End of an Era

Clear but Cold