Chicken Man

Happy New Year everyone. As you might suspect, writing is a serious business, and you can see here I take my business very seriously. Sometimes you have to be in the mood to write- once in awhile you need a prompt or some such thing. When I first saw this chicken hat for sale at the school carnival I knew I had to have it. I didn't even wait for the carnival to start, I bought it before anyone else beat me to it. Chicken hats are in high demand. If I had a mind to, I could probably sell it on e-bay for an awsome profit. Tom Terrific had a funnel for a hat.  I guess he couldn't afford a baseball cap or a beanie or whatever. When I was a young lad at school I was told to put on my thinking cap, though I had no idea what that was so I didn't bother to think much. When you're wearing a chicken hat though, there is probably no end to the wonderous thoughts that will fill your head, although most of those thoughts will probably involve some form of eggs or nesting boxes. There used to be a radio program involving a chicken man- something like the Amazing Adventures of Chicken Man. I know I used to listen to it, I just can't remember any of the stories. When I lived in Key West years ago there was a local radio program about Super Chicken. It had a catchy jingle, but I've forgotten most of the words for that too except for the last little bit that went ...when it looks like you will take a licken, there is something you can do a method that is tried and true just caaaall on Super Chicken! I don't think the program was all that great, but it's been over forty years ago that I heard that tune and I still can't get it out of my mind. Oh well. I remember one of my favorite authors, Robert Fulghum, writing about walking down  a street in Seattle wearing a beanie with a propeller on top and the amount of attention it got him. People were pointing an laughing and folks that might otherwise have been having a bad day got a good laugh and something to tell their colleagues at the office. Sooooo... as we start this new year, let's try to make the best of the cards we're dealt, try to maintain a good attitude and if you can make someone else's day better in some small way please do it. We're all just trying to make it in the world. Let's hope it's a great year. God bless you all!

Comments

  1. Thanks Camille I think everyone should have a hat they can slip into to transform their personalities from time to time. You have to do something to keep life interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...if that was the case, dad, and a hat would transform my personality, I'd never be without one of SOME sort...look out..mom has the bitch hat on....yes...yes I can see myself owning a few;-) Love you...great pics..haha..AJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

Clear but Cold

The End of an Era